Cross-validation of Kynurenic Acid ELISA and LC/MS data in human serum samples
Human serum samples (n=40) were processed for Kynurenic Acid measurement by mean of both KYNA ELISA kit and liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC/MS). As depicted, results obtained with ELISA and LC/MS are highly correlated (R Squared=0,9902).
Kynurenic acid ELISA kitRef: IS-I-0200
Kynurenic acid (KYNA) is a downstream metabolite produced along the Kynurenine Pathway well-known to possess several neuromodulatory functions, as well as immuno-modulatory properties. Measurement of KYNA in biological samples has been presented as a possible biomarker in several diseases including neurological or psychiatric disorders.
The Kynurenic Acid ELISA kit is optimized for the quantitation of Kynurenic Acid (KYNA) within serum samples. This easy-to-use competitive assay is well-suited for both small and large series of samples. Working with a 50µL sample volume, this assay enables pre-clinical and clinical sample testings.
|Range||1.40 - 74 ng/ml|
|Assay time||Sample derivatization 90 min, ELISA overnight|
|Species reactivity||Reacts with all species|
Shipping info :
(for 1 kit)
|54.00€ , 5 days|
|Product information||Key steps||References||Technical support||Reviews|
Kynurenic Acid ELISA kit
|Description||Competitive ELISA kit for the quantitative measurement of Kynurenic Acid in serum samples. For research use only.
|Minimal sample volume||50 µL
|Species reactivity||React with all species|
|Standard range||1.40 - 74 ng/mL|
No significant cross-reactivity was observed with Kynurenic Acid analogs such as Quinolinic Acid, Xanthurenic acid, Kynurenine, Picolinic acid, 3Hydroxy-Anthranilic Acid
|Assay time||Sample derivatization 90 min and ELISA overnight|
|Storage||Store at 2-8°C for up to 6 months.|
|Datasheets||Instructions for use, Material Safety Datasheet|
|Sample collection & storage||
Serum: Do not use lipemic, haemolytic samples, as well as samples containing precipitates or fibrin strands.
Store samples at 2-8°C for up to 48h or -20°C for longer period (up to 6 months).
Sample derivatization (90 min)
|ELISA||Kynurenic acid antiserum overnight incubation, revelation and read steps (1h).|
|Detailed protocol||Download instructions for use|
Selected articles on Kynurenic Acid:
- Pedraz-Petrozzi et al. Effects of inflammation on the kynurenine pathway in schizophrenia - a systematic review. J Neuroinflammation. 2020
- Achtyes et al. Inflammation and kynurenine pathway dysregulation in post-partum women with severe and suicidal depression. Brain Behav Immun. 2020
- Walczak et al. Kynurenic acid and cancer: facts and controversies. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2019
- Lim et al. Kynurenine pathway metabolomics predicts and provides mechanistic insight into multiple sclerosis progression. Sci Rep. 2017
- Plitman et al. Kynurenic Acid in Schizophrenia: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Schizophr Bull. 2017
- Wirthgen et al. Kynurenic Acid: The Janus-Faced Role of an Immunomodulatory Tryptophan Metabolite and Its Link to Pathological Conditions. Front Immunol. 2017