Fast Serotonin (5-HT) ELISA
Serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine) is a monoamine neurotransmitter derived from tryptophan metabolism. Produced by enterochromaffin cells in the gut and serotonergic neurons in the brain, serotonin is stored and transported by platelets in the blood. It is then excreted in urine directly, or in the form of 5-HIAA, its main metabolite. Altered serotonin levels in serum, urine and platelets are associated with carcinoid tumors (high concentrations) and CNS disorders such as autism, depression and suicidal schizophrenia (low concentrations).
Serotonin ELISA kit - Serum, Urine, Platelets - Fast TrackRef: BA-E-8900
This Serotonin (5-HT) ELISA kit is tailored for the rapid measurement of 5-hydroxytryptamine in serum, urine and platelets. Intended for in vitro diagnostics, this fast-track quantitative immunoassay enables the determination of serotonin levels in up to 40 samples within 75 minutes.
||25 µl serum, urine, platelets
|Samples/kit||40 samples in duplicate|
|Range||0 / 15 - 2 500 ng/ml|
Sample acylation (15 min), ELISA (1h)
|Species reactivity||Reacts with all species|
Shipping info :
(for 1 kit)
|54.00€ , 5 days|
|Product information||Key steps||References||Technical support||Reviews|
Serotonin ELISA kit - Serum, Urine, Platelets - Fast Track
|Description||In vitro diagnostics enzyme immunoassay (ELISA) for the fast determination of 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT, Serotonin) in serum, urine or platelets.
|Samples||25 µl serum, urine, platelets|
|Cross-species reactivity||React with all species|
|Standard range||0 / 15 - 2 500 ng/ml|
No significant cross-reactivity was observed with Serotonin analogs such as Tryptamine, Melatonin, 5-Hydroxyindole acetic acid, Phenylalanine, Histidine, Tyramine and 5-Hydroxytryptophan.
|Storage||Store at 2-8°C for up to 6 months.|
|Datasheets||Instructions for use , Material safety datasheet|
|Sample collection & storage||
Serum: Do not use haemolytic and especially lipemic samples. Storage: up to 6 hours at 2 - 8°C; for longer periods (up to 6 months) at - 20°C.
Plasma: EDTA-Plasma samples only. Do not use haemolytic or lipemic samples. Storage: up to 6 hours at 2 - 8°C; for longer periods (up to 6 months) at - 20°C.
Urine: Spontaneous or 24-hours urine, collected in a bottle containing 10-15 mL of 6 M HCl. Storage: for longer periods (up to 6 months) at -20°C.
Sample acylation (15min)
|ELISA||Serotonin antiserum incubation (30min), revelation and read steps (30min).|
|Detailed protocol||Download instructions for use|
- Product citation: Ishii et al. Dietary Supplementation with Lysine and Threonine Modulates the Performance and Plasma Metabolites of Broiler Chicken. Animals (Basel). 2019 August 26
- Product citation: Lee et al. The effects of acupuncture on serotonin metabolism.
- Sanner JE, Frazier L, Udtha M. Effects of delayed laboratory processing on platelet serotonin levels. Biol Res Nurs. 2013 Jan;15(1):13-6.
- Ciuclan L et al. A novel murine model of severe pulmonary arterial hypertension. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011 Nov 15;184(10):1171-82.
- El-Ansary AK, Bacha AB, Ayahdi LY. Relationship between chronic lead toxicity and plasma neurotransmitters in autistic patients from Saudi Arabia. Clin Biochem. 2011 Sep;44(13):1116-20.