Monoclonal antibodies targeting small molecules for diagnostic & therapeutic use
ImmuSmol is developing 3 personalized medicine programs based on proprietary monoclonal antibodies raised against pathometabolites.
Advantages of small molecule antibodies for therapy
- A vast class of unexploited drug targets - small molecule antibodies can interfere with metabolites, neurotransmitters, hormones, cofactors, …
- Highly specific therapeutic intervention - Small molecules can be modulated without disrupting entire signaling pathways.
- A personalized medicine approach - compatibility with ELISA and IHC detection affords straightforward companion diagnostics strategies.
Core benefits of monoclonal antibodies
Now accounting for over 60 % of top-selling drugs, monoclonal antibodies feature attractive pharmaceutical properties:
- High specificity & affinity, thus increasing treatment efficacy while reducing side effects.
- Long serum half-life, allowing less frequent and lower dosing.
- High reproducibility and availability, complying with industry standards for quality and scalability.
ImmuSmol partnering strategy
ImmuSmol builds alliances with large pharmaceutical companies to accelerate product development, through:
- Early partnering - co-development agreements at preclinical stage.
- Out-licencing - licensing agreements at clinical stage.