Kynurenic acid Polyclonal AntibodyRef: IS1011
IFIHCKynurenine pathwayTryptophan metabolismPolyclonal AntibodiesICC
The anti-Kynurenic acid (KYNA) rabbit polyclonal antibody proved to work at 1/2000 dilution on paraffin-embedded tissues, a single vial thus catering for approximately 400 stainings.
|Reactivity||Reacts with all species|
|References||Not yet cited to our knowledge.
Submit content and get a 10% discount!
99 in stock
|Product name||Kynurenic acid polyclonal antibody|
|Synonyms||Kinurenic acid polyclonal antibody
4-Hydroxyquinoline-2-carboxylic acid polyclonal antibody
KYNA polyclonal antibody
|Immunogen||Conjugated kynurenic acid|
|Specificity||When tested in competitive ELISA, the anti-Kynurenic polyclonal antibody did not show any significant cross reactivity with Quinaldic and Xanthurenic conjugates|
|Storage||Store at +4°C for short term (1-2 months). Aliquot and store at -20°C for long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles|
|Material safety datasheet||Download MSDS|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC)||Dilute at 1:200-1:2000. Perform heat antigen retrieval (pH=6) before initiating IHC staining protocol on paraffin-embedded and frozen sections|
|Comments||Optimal working dilutions must be determined by the end-user|
|Restrictions||For research use only|
Antibody not yet cited. Submit an article and get a 10% discount.
Selected articles on Kynurenic acid:
- Justinova Z et al. Reducing cannabinoid abuse and preventing relapse by enhancing endogenous brain levels of kynurenic acid. Nat Neurosci. 2013 Nov;16(11):1652-61. doi: 10.1038/nn.3540. Epub 2013 Oct 13.
- Stone TW, Stoy N, Darlington LG. An expanding range of targets for kynurenine metabolites of tryptophan. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2013 Feb;34(2):136-43. doi: 10.1016/j.tips.2012.09.006. Epub 2012 Nov 1.
- Schwarcz R, Bruno JP, Muchowski PJ, Wu HQ. Kynurenines in the mammalian brain: when physiology meets pathology. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2012 Jul;13(7):465-77. doi: 10.1038/nrn3257.
- Moroni F, Cozzi A, Sili M, Mannaioni G. Kynurenic acid: a metabolite with multiple actions and multiple targets in brain and periphery. J Neural Transm. 2012 Feb;119(2):133-9. doi: 10.1007/s00702-011-0763-x. Epub 2012 Jan 4.
- Linderholm KR et al. Increased levels of kynurenine and kynurenic acid in the CSF of patients with schizophrenia. Schizophr Bull. 2012 May;38(3):426-32. doi: 10.1093/schbul/sbq086. Epub 2010 Aug 20.
- Stone TW, Forrest CM, Darlington LG. Kynurenine pathway inhibition as a therapeutic strategy for neuroprotection. FEBS J. 2012 Apr;279(8):1386-97. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-4658.2012.08487.x. Epub 2012 Mar 27.