D-Serine Polyclonal AntibodyRef: IS1004
The anti-D-Serine antibody IS1004 is a rabbit polyclonal antibody with high affinity and specificity. Combined with the STAINperfect immunostaining kit A, the antibody allows visualizing D-Serine in whole mounts, cell culture and tissue sections.
|Reactivity||Reacts with all species|
|Eligible samples||Whole mounts, cell culture, tissue sections|
|Staining procedure||STAINperfect immunostaining kit A|
|Format||50µL (approx. 40 tissue sections)|
|Product name||D-Serine antibody – Rabbit pAb|
Anti (R)-Serine antibody
|Specificity||When tested in competitive ELISA, the anti-conjugated D-Serine antibody did not show any significant cross reactivity with D-Serine analogs, including L-Serine and D-Threonine|
|Storage buffer||Store at +4°C for short term (1-2 months). Aliquot and store at -20°C for long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles|
|Material safety datasheet||Download MSDS|
|IF – Cell cultures, Whole mounts, Tissue sections||Dilute antibody with the antibody diluent provided in the STAINperfect immunostaining kit A. Use at 1/250 -1/1000 dilution. Follow the STAINperfect protocol suited to your sample|
|Comments||Optimal working dilutions must be determined by the end-user|
|Restrictions||For research use only|
|Full protocol||Download STAINperfect protocol for D-Serine staining|
Instructions for Use
for cell cultures
for whole mounts
for tissue sections
Antibody not yet cited. Submit an article and get a 10% discount.
Selected publications on D-Serine:
- Paul P, de Belleroche J. The role of D-serine and glycine as co-agonists of NMDA receptors in motor neuron degeneration and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Front Synaptic Neurosci. 2014 Apr 16;6:10.
- Balu DT et al. D-serine and serine racemase are localized to neurons in the adult mouse and human forebrain. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2014 Apr;34(3):419-35. doi: 10.1007/s10571-014-0027-z. Epub 2014 Jan 17.
- Klatte K et al. Impaired D-serine-mediated cotransmission mediates cognitive dysfunction in epilepsy. J Neurosci. 2013 Aug 7;33(32):13066-80.
- Otte DM et al. Effects of Chronic D-Serine Elevation on Animal Models of Depression and Anxiety-Related Behavior. PLoS One. 2013 Jun 21;8(6):e67131.
- Martineau M et al. Storage and uptake of D-serine into astrocytic synaptic-like vesicles specify gliotransmission. J Neurosci. 2013 Feb 20;33(8):3413-23. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3497-12.2013.
- Van Horn MR, Sild M, Ruthazer ES. D-serine as a gliotransmitter and its roles in brain development and disease. Front Cell Neurosci. 2013 Apr 23;7:39. doi: 10.3389/fncel.2013.00039.