Custom development of small molecule monoclonal antibodies
Amino acid metabolites, lipids, saccharids, toxins, steroids… ImmuSmol offers to raise mouse monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) for small molecule detection by IHC or ELISA. Highly reliable, small molecule mAbs are particularly suited to diagnostic & theranostic applications.
Advantages of small molecule monoclonal antibodies
- High specificity & affinity – Internal selection protocols are implemented to ensure our mAbs translate into robust and accurate immunoassays.
- Cross-species reactivity – Unlike proteins, small molecules are conserved throughout phylogenesis. A single small molecule mAb can thus be applied to virtually any biological sample.
- High reproducibility & availability - Produced in vitro by a single immortalized cell clone, monoclonal antibodies meet industrial standards for quality and scalability.
Our approach to the development of small molecule mAbs
- A personalized strategy for antigen design, based on an in-depth analysis of the physico-chemical properties, immunogenicity and potential competitors of the small molecule target to address, and tailored to the client's intended use of the antibody.
- Quality controls, deliverables, Go/No-Go decisions points at the end of each phase, for transparent projects with limited risk and deferred costs.
- Full ownership of the antibody-producing clone is granted to the client at the end of the study, together with at least 2mg of purified monoclonal immunoglobulin.
Additional options & services
To meet specific needs, we can complement our standard mAb production process with additional services, such as:
- Custom molecule synthesis
- Antigen coupling validation by NMR
- Measurement of antibody binding affinity by surface plasmon resonance (Biacore)
- Complementary antibody production and purification
- Antibody validation for IHC, IF, ICC, ELISA, …