Determination of L-Kynurenine levels in cell cultures through microdialysis collection and by ELISA quantification
Murine CT26 colorectal cancer cell line WT or stably transfected with vector containing cDNA encoding for indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase (IDO1) or Human U-87 MG glioblastoma cell line were cultured for 48 hours. Cell culture was subjected to microdialysis collection (3 fractions collected) and kynurenine was measured using the Kynurenine ELISA kit (BA-E-2200). As expected, kynurenine level was higher in IDO1-proficient CT26 cells than in parental (WT) CT26 cell lines, and also high in U87-MG cells.
L-Kynurenine ELISA kitRef: BA-E-2200
The L-Kynurenine ELISA is an easy-to-use assay tailored for the quantification of Kynurenine across large series of samples. Optimized for the analysis of biological fluids (plasma, cell culture supernatant, serum...), the KYN ELISA features a lower limit of detection at 45.7 ng/ml and a minimal sample volume of 20µl, thus allowing longitudinal studies in mice.
||Plasma, serum, cell culture supernatant
< 45.7 ng/ml
|Range||0/100 - 10000 ng/ml|
|Assay time||Sample acylation 90 min, ELISA overnight|
|Species reactivity||Reacts with all species|
Shipping info :
(for 1 kit)
|44.00€ , 5 days|
|Product information||Key steps||References||Technical support||Reviews|
L-Kynurenine ELISA kit
|Description||Enzyme immunoassay (ELISA) for the quantitative determination of L-Kynurenine in biological fluids and cell supernatant.
|Samples||Plasma, serum, cell culture supernatant|
|Minimal sample volume||20 µL
|Cross specie-reactivity||React with all species|
|Standard range||0/100 - 10000 ng/ml|
< 47.5 ng/ml
No significant cross-reactivity was observed with L-Kynurenine analogs such as L-Tryptophan, 3-Hydroxy-DL-Kynurenine, 5-Hydroxy-DL-Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Serotonin, Phenylalanin, L-Asparagine and Kynurenic acid.
|Assay time||Sample acylation 90 min and ELISA overnight|
|Storage||Store at 2-8°C for to 6 months.|
|Datasheets||Instructions for use, Material Safety Datasheet|
|Sample collection & storage||
Plasma/Serum: Do not use lipemic, haemolytic samples, as well as samples containing precipitates or fibrin strands. Store smaples at 2-8°C for up to 48h or -20°C for longer period (up to 6 months).
Sample acylation (90 min)
|ELISA||L-Kynurenine antiserum overnight incubation, revelation and read steps (1h).|
|Detailed protocol||Download instructions for use|
Product citations :
- Walker et al. Leucine competes with kynurenine for blood-to-brain transport and prevents lipopolysaccharide-induced depression-like behavior in mice. Mol Psychiatry. 2018 Jul 9.
- Ziklo et al. Dysbiosis of the Vaginal Microbiota and Higher Vaginal Kynurenine/Tryptophan Ratio Reveals an Association with Chlamydia trachomatis Genital Infections. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2018 Jan 18.
- Gautam et al. In vivo inhibition of tryptophan catabolism reorganizes the tuberculoma and augments immune-mediated control of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018 Jan 2
- Martiin-Hernandez et al. Chronic Mild Stress Alters Kynurenine Pathways Changing the Glutamate Neurotransmission in Frontal Cortex of Rats. Mol Neurobiol. 2018 May 3
- Toulmonde et al. Use of PD-1 Targeting, Macrophage Infiltration, and IDO Pathway Activation in Sarcomas. JAMA Oncol. 2018 Jan 1;4
- Lee et al. Inhibition of acute lethal pulmonary inflammation by the IDO–AhR pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017 Jul 18
- Maliniemi et al. Biological and clinical significance of tryptophan-catabolizing enzymes in cutaneous T-cell lymphomas. Oncoimmunology. 2017; 6
- Escobar-Alvarez et al. The peroxyl radical-induced oxidation of Escherichia coli FtsZ and its single tryptophan mutant (Y222W) modifies specific side-chains, generates protein cross-links and affects biological function. Free Radic Biol Med. 2017 Nov