L-Tryptophan ELISA Kit
Essential amino acid L-Tryptophan is either converted into Serotonin in the gut or brain by tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH), or metabolized by various cell types to form L-Kynurenine through enzymes indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO1/2) or tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase (TDO2). Abnormal tryptophan metabolism is found in a wide range of pathologies, including metabolic and auto-immune diseases, viral infections, cancer, as well as neurodegenerative and mood disorders.
L-Tryptophan ELISA kitRef: BA-E-2700
This Tryptophan ELISA kit enables the quantitative measurement of L-Tryptophan in biological fluids and cell culture supernatants. Intended for in vitro diagnotics and research applications, the test comes in 96-well plate format, allowing the screening of large experimental series within short lead times.
||Biological fluids (urine, plasma, serum, ...) and cell culture supernatant.
|Range||2.5 - 250 µg/ml|
|Assay time||2h30 sample preparation and ELISA overnight|
|Species reactivity||Reacts with all species|
|References||Citations in the litterature|
Shipping info :
(for 1 kit)
|54.00€ , 5 days|
|Product information||Key steps||References||Technical support||Reviews|
Tryptophan ELISA kit
|Description||In vitro diagnostic enzyme immunoassay (ELISA) for the quantitative determination of L-Tryptophan in biological fluids (urine, plasma, serum samples, ...) and cell culture supernatants.
|Samples||urine, plasma, serum, cell culture supernatant|
|Sample volume||20 µL
|Cross species-reactivity||React with all species|
|Standard range||2.5 - 250 µg/ml|
No significant cross-reactivity was observed with L-Tryptophan analogs such as 5-Hydroxy-L-tryptophan, Tryptamine, 5-Methoxytryptophan, 5-Hydroxytryptamine, N-acetyl-5-hydroxytryptamine.
|Assay time||Sample preparation 2.5 hours and ELISA overnight|
|Storage||Store at 2-8°C for to 6 months.|
|Datasheets||Instructions for use , Material safety datasheet|
|Sample collection & storage||
Urine: spontaneous or 24-hour urine collected in bottle with 10-15 mL of 6 M HCl, stored at -20°C for long periods (up to 6 months)
Sample precipitation (15 min) and derivatization (2h15)
|ELISA||Tryptophan antiserum overnight incubation, revelation and read steps (1h).|
|Detailed protocol||Download instructions for use|
PrProduct citations :
- Watanabe et al.Addding indoximod to hypofractionated radiotherapy with anti-PD-1 checkpoint blockade enhances early NK and CD8+ T cell-dependent tumor activity. Clin Cancer Res. 2019 Nov 6
- Walker et al. Leucine competes with kynurenine for blood-to-brain transport and prevents lipopolysaccharide-induced depression-like behavior in mice. Mol Psychiatry. 2018 Jul 9.
- Ziklo et al. Dysbiosis of the Vaginal Microbiota and Higher Vaginal Kynurenine/Tryptophan Ratio Reveals an Association with Chlamydia trachomatis Genital Infections. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2018 Jan 18.
- Gautam et al. In vivo inhibition of tryptophan catabolism reorganizes the tuberculoma and augments immune-mediated control of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018 Jan 2
- Martiin-Hernandez et al. Chronic Mild Stress Alters Kynurenine Pathways Changing the Glutamate Neurotransmission in Frontal Cortex of Rats. Mol Neurobiol. 2018 May 3
- Toulmonde et al. Use of PD-1 Targeting, Macrophage Infiltration, and IDO Pathway Activation in Sarcomas. JAMA Oncol. 2018 Jan 1;4