Sensitive 5-HT ELISA kit
Serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine) is a monoamine neurotransmitter derived from the essential amino acid L-tryptophan. Produced by enterochromaffin cells in the gut and serotonergic neurons in the brain, serotonin is stored and transported by platelets in the blood. It is then excreted in urine directly, or in the form of 5-HIAA, its main metabolite. Altered serotonin levels in serum, urine and platelets are associated with carcinoid tumors and CNS disorders such as autism, depression and suicidal schizophrenia.
Serotonin ELISA kit - ResearchRef: BA-E-5900
This Serotonin (5-HT) ELISA kit enables the ultra-sensitive measurement of 5-hydroxytryptamine in any biological sample. Intended for research use only, the assay features a lower limit of detection at 5 pg/ml and a minimal sample volume as low as 1µl.
||1 - 100 µl - any sample
|Samples/kit||40 samples in duplicate|
|Range||0 / 0.015 - 2.5 ng/ml|
30 min sample preparation, ELISA overnight
|Species reactivity||Reacts with all species|
Shipping info :
(for 1 kit)
|54.00€ , 5 days|
|Product information||Key steps||References||Technical support||Reviews|
Serotonin ELISA kit - Research
|Description||Enzyme immunoassay (ELISA) for the ultra-sensitive determination of Serotonin in biological samples. Research use only.
|Samples||1 - 100 µl - any biological sample|
|Cross-species reactivity||React with all species|
|Standard range||0 / 0.015 - 2.5 ng/ml|
No significant cross-reactivity was observed with Serotonin analogs such as Tryptamine, Melatonin, 5-Hydroxyindole acetic acid, Phenylalanine, Histidine, Tyramine and 5-Hydroxytryptophan.
|Assay time||30 min + overnight|
|Storage||Store at 2-8°C for up to 6 months.|
|Datasheets||Instructions for use , Material safety datasheet|
Sample acylation (30min)
|ELISA||Serotonin antiserum incubation (overnight), revelation and read steps (1h).|
|Detailed protocol||Download instructions for use|
- Product citation: Sabti et al. Elucidation of the Molecular Mechanism Underlying Lippia citriodora(Lim.)-Induced Relaxation and Anti-Depression. Int J Mol Sci. 2019 Jul 20
- Product citation: Lau et al. The presence of serotonin in cigarette smoke – a possible mechanistic link to 5-HT-induced airway inflammation. Free Radic Res. 2016;50
- Product citation: Pham et al. Ketamine treatment involves medial prefrontal cortex serotonin to induce a rapid antidepressant-like activity in BALB/cJ mice. Neuropharmacology. 2017 Jan;112
- Valiyaveettil M et al. Contribution of systemic factors in the pathophysiology of repeated blast-induced neurotrauma. Neurosci Lett. 2013 Feb 28;539:1-6.
- Damen R et al. The stimulatory adenosine receptor ADORA2B regulates serotonin (5-HT) synthesis and release in oxygen-depleted EC cells in inflammatory bowel disease. PLoS One. 2013 Apr 26;8(4):e62607.
- Kaushal N et al. Pharmacological evaluation of SN79, a sigma (σ) receptor ligand, against methamphetamine-induced neurotoxicity in vivo. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2013 Aug;23(8):960-71.
- Rokstad AM et al. Microencapsulation of small intestinal neuroendocrine neoplasm cells for tumor model studies. Cancer Sci. 2012 Jul;103(7):1230-7.
- Chin A et al. The role of mechanical forces and adenosine in the regulation of intestinal enterochromaffin cell serotonin secretion. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2012 Feb 1;302(3):G397-405.
- van den Buuse M. Exploring the role of 5-HT1A receptors in the regulation of prepulse inhibition in mice: implications for cross-species comparisons. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2013 Jan 16;4(1):149-60.